MG Park De Hulst
MG Park De Hulst is a highly sustainable and unique logistics and semi-industrial gem. Thanks to immediate access to the quay on the Brussels-Scheldt Canal with loading and unloading facilities, this project takes the new logistic needs into account. Cost optimisation for users is also considered, by making both the sprinkler and the buffer infrastructure on the site shared facilities. Thanks to the comprehensive management of energy, waste and water, in combination with the green areas, this carbon neutral park is the most sustainable in Belgium.
MG Park De Hulst
About MG Park De Hulst
After nine years of intensive development, the construction of MG Park De Hulst in Willebroek is entering the final straight. Spanning 500,000 square metres, it is the largest sustainable business park in Flanders and comprises a total of almost 280,000 square metres of offices and warehouses, good for about 1,500 jobs spread across 12 companies.
Project developer MG Real Estate is highly committed to sustainability. Not only will you find the first carbon neutral logistics centre in our country - where the transport company Eutraco is based - but also 95,000 square metres of solar panels.
"Willebroek will soon have both the largest business park in Flanders and one of the most sustainable. The consumption of fossil fuels for heating on the site is also kept to a minimum, thanks to the use of heat pumps in the newest buildings. And we are also focusing on energy-efficient management, including smart LED lighting." Ignace Tytgat, CEO MG Real Estate
Water management has also been considered, with some 22,000 square metres of unpaved land and water buffers with a volume of almost 18,000 cubic metres. It allows the maximum amount of rainwater to be collected and infiltrated back into the soil. This ensures the groundwater level is better maintained and prevents flooding during heavy rainfall.
These players are based at MG Park De Hulst:
- Dachser started as a family business and has become one of the most important logistics partners in Belgium and the rest of the world.
- As an international technology group, CMI specialises in the design, installation and supply of equipment for the energy, defence, environment, metal and general industries.
- Federal Mogul is the US supplier for the automotive industry.
- Makro/Metro is a unique wholesale concept.
- Decathlon is a chain of sports stores.
- Nedcargo is the largest logistics service provider in the Benelux in the field of food, drink and retail
- Toyota Material Handling manufactures, sells and rents new and used forklift trucks, hand pallet trucks, electric pallet trucks, electric stackers, reach trucks and more.
- Vanden Borre is the electronics chain that is part of the Fnac group, specialising in the sale of audio, TV, multimedia and household electrics.
- Eutraco is a leading national and international company providing a wide range of logistics solutions.
- PostNL is a Dutch logistics service provider active in the Benelux and Italy.
- Colis Privé is one of the main players in France in delivering parcels from companies to consumers.